Anacortes is a beautiful waterfront city located on Fidalgo Island in northwest Washington, and is known by some as the gateway to the San Juan Islands. But for many others, this picturesque city is a delightful, livable community that is a notable destination on its own. Whether you come to enjoy the island itself, the surrounding water, or you choose Anacortes as a place to launch your San Juan Island exploration, Nantucket Inn is your first stop for welcoming accommodations.
The Inn is on the main road as you enter town and offers many restaurants within walking distance, a short walk to the Harbor, and is just minutes away from most area attractions.
What can you do while you’re here?
- Cross one of the historic twin bridges to visit Deception Pass State Park and witness the amazing current phenomenon that occurs with the tidal flow, or choose gentler waters for SCUBA diving. Hiking trails, beaches, fishing, and boat rentals are also available at the park.The nearby town of La Conner and the nearby tulip fields is a favorite day-trip of our guests.
- Shopping the local boutiques and antique stores in Anacortes.
- Bring your bikes: Anacortes features a number of bike trails for your riding enjoyment.
- Attend one of the many festivals, from holiday celebrations to water-loving events (and even a motorcycle rally).
- Visit one of the many island parks for recreation, relaxation, and to enjoy the island’s natural beauty.
- Want more ideas? Your B&B Innkeepers are happy to give you the scoop on destinations that may satisfy your particular interests. Just ask.